Dream, Explore and Travel. Want to travel a place that offers you with all this three specifications? Maldives is your place to live you dream, explore your vision and increase your traveling experience. We all know that Maldives islands are among the best destination to spend your vacation. Enjoy the tropical islands, feel the cooling breeze and blue shimmery water. The sea water stretches up to your vision ends. Exploring the private beach huts in the white sandy bays with coral reefs that sums up your dream to live. Apart from its beauties, there are many interesting things to know about Maldives that offers you an invitation and increases your excitement for enjoying your holiday trip Maldives. Tropical paradise in the Indian Ocean should not be missed by the travellers while planning for enjoying a beautiful trip ahead.
Facts about Maldives
- Maldives is the first island where the first underwater cabinet meeting was held. It was held for spreading the awareness of climate change. The meeting was held in the year 2009 in Maldives. Maldives is the first country to hold this type of meeting.
- You might be flabbergasted to know that, the first person to recognize Maldives islands came up from India. It was established by an Indian prince. Till real date it is unknown that what the name of that person is. Maldives is thought to be established before 269 BC. It is said that Maldives was first known by the son of the king of Kalinga in India.
- Maldives have approximately 1191 coral islands that is grouped in twenty six major atolls. It is interesting to know that no other island comprise of this creation. Archipelago with strategic places comprises of major sea lanes in Indian Ocean. 91 percentage of Maldives is covered in water.
- Maldives is one of the flattest and lowest countries to visit in the world. The ground level is approximately averaged by 1.5 meters and the highest point is 2.3 meters. As the islands are low- lying, Maldives is worried about the possibilities of sinking down. Especially these changes are observed because of continuous effects of changing climate in Maldives.
- Alcohol is prohibited in Maldives and it is only available in in resorts and hotels. You cannot have it publically. Maldives is a Muslim state that has its own different things and rituals. Alcohol is being banned in Maldives. But there is nothing to fear for the cocktail lovers. You can enjoy and find the alcohol in hotels and resorts that caters the tourists to visit Maldives.
- But keep in mind that you cannot have it in public places because it is prohibited. Maldives is among the smallest muslin country in the world. It is known for its religious and cultural intolerance. The constitution of Maldives was established in 1997. It specifies that the citizen must be Muslim. It actually forbidden to follow any other religion. It is one of the safest destinations to travel on the planet. It is largely isolated island observed on the planet.